The College Music Society promotes music teaching and learning, musical creativity and expression, research and dialogue, and diversity and interdisciplinary interaction. A consortium of college, conservatory, university, and independent musicians and scholars interested in all disciplines of music, the Society provides leadership and serves as an agent of change by addressing concerns facing music in higher education.
The Music Vacancy List, published by The College Music Society since 1973, provides CMS members information on available positions in music in one convenient location.
- Join The College Music Society to access the Music Vacancy List and receive the many other benefits membership in the Society offers.
- Upload multiple cvs/resumes.
- Apply to jobs with a single click process on the MVL or access a direct link to the employer’s job site.
- Create Job Alerts and receive email alerts and/or real time text alerts when a relevant job is posted.
- Save jobs to review and apply to at a later time.
- View Application History to view job info, application date, and job status.
- Easily update your cv/resume and contact info for employers to reach you.
- Collect applications through our system or direct applicants to your own system.
- Use our applicant tracking features including messaging applicants, adding notes to applicants, forwarding applicants to other staff.
- You may add screening questions to your posting to help identify the top candidates.
- Search for passive candidates through our resume database.
- Organize cvs/resumes into folders and add recruiting notes.
- Contact candidate with link to existing job if desired.
- Other tracking features.